Everyone who watches television, whether they admit it or not, has a soft spot for family dramas. We like them, even more, when they come with some sizzle and controversy. Well, ‘Ambitions,’ airing on OWN, provides viewers with a thought-provoking family drama.
The show was created by Jamey Giddens and Will Packer (one of the most successful filmmakers and producers in the entertainment industry), and it deals with themes like lies, money, power, love, and politics. Films like “Girls Trip,” “Ride Along,” and “Think Like a Man” are just a few of Packer’s many works of art. The show’s premiere season was positively reviewed. If so, when can we expect to see Season 2 of “Ambitions?” I say we find out.
Ambitions Season 2 Renewal Status
Ambitions was involved in a tragic occurrence shortly after the premiere of the first season. The show’s discontinuation was announced on Own Channel. The announcement confirmed that there would be no more seasons of the program. However, the broadcaster did not provide a satisfactory explanation. The official team also failed to provide a compelling explanation. OWN poured cold water on any hopes the audience might have had. Social media was flooded with sad emojis as users reacted to the news.
However, OWN president Tina Perry thanked the whole Ambitions staff for their efforts. She spoke about how fantastic and interesting the new episodes were every week. Tina thought the creators had a lot of originality. The president hopes to keep on working with the team. Perry continued by saying that she was forward to working together on future endeavors.
Ambitions Season 2 Release Date
Fans should be aware that Ambitions has been canceled by its producers before we jump headfirst into the show’s plot. It has been announced that the series will not be renewed for a second season, hence there is only one season available. From 2019-06-18 through 2019-12-17, the show was available to viewers. It can be claimed with absolute assurance that the creators will not add further episodes to the show beyond the initial season’s eighteen.
In order to save her troubled marriage, the show’s protagonist moves to Atlanta, a city known for its glitz and glamour. But as she becomes entangled in the web of politics, lies, and power, she discovers that nothing is as it seems.
The audience meets Stephanie, a successful lawyer who hails from a well-known legal family. She tries very hard to take over the family law practice, but her father doesn’t think she’s cut out for it. Amara, a classmate of Stephanie’s, is up next. She finds work with the United States Attorney’s Office, where she quickly earns a reputation for her thoroughness in both investigations and prosecutions.
The series chronicles the bitter rivalry between Stephanie Lancaster and Amara Hughes, two prominent attorneys who are also romantic rivals. The Carlilses, Lancasters, and Purifoys are all involved in exciting drama throughout the first season.
- Robin Givens as Stephanie Carlisle Lancaster, an ambitious attorney and the wife of Atlanta Mayor Evan Lancaster
- Essence Atkins as Amara Hughes, Assistant United States Attorney and former friend-turned-adversary of Stephanie Lancaster
- Brian J. White as Evan Lancaster, Jr., Stephanie’s husband and the ambitious Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia
- Kendrick Cross as Titus Hughes, Amara’s husband
- Brely Evans as Rondell Pauline Lancaster, Evan Lancaster’s older sister, and owner of Thelma’s Place
- Erica Page as Bella Tru, a fashion designer. She is one of Evan’s lovers and the mother of his illegitimate son.
- Christina Kirkman as Lori Purifoy, smart and challenging daughter of Hunter Purifoy who works in PR
- Steven Williams as Stephen Carlisle, a powerful attorney, and father of Stephanie
- Brian Bosworth as Hunter Purifoy, a savvy pharmaceutical magnate
- Deena Dill as Juniper Purifoy, Hunter’s wife
- Gino Anthony Pesi as Greg Peters, an aggressive, self-confident real estate developer
- Alexander Mulzac as Damian Collins
- Kayla Smith as Carly Lancaster, Stephanie and Evan’s smart and determined daughter, who’s a theater major at Spelman College
- Donna Biscoe as Irene Perkins-Carlisle, Stephanie’s mother
- Tony Vaughn as Evan “Senior” Lancaster, Sr., Evan and Rondell’s father who founded Thelma’s Place
- Lana Young as Inez Trujillo, Bella’s mother who works at Thelma’s Place
- Brianne Cordaro as Daphne Manning, a member of Evan Lancaster’s city administration and his mistress
- Andrew Rush as Alix, Evan Lancaster’s personal security detail
- Felisha Terrell as Marylin Barnes, Stephanie and Amara’s sorority sister, a philanthropist
- E. Roger Mitchell as Marvin Barnes, Marilyn’s husband, and owner of Beta New Electric
- Maria Legarda as Perla, Bella’s jealous friend
Ambitions Season 2 Plot
Titus was hurt in a hit-and-run accident in the first season. Amara was not prepared to absorb the severity of the accident. The incident with Titus seemed like it had been staged. He decided to go tell Amara the news. But he drowned in a state of unconsciousness before he could say anything. However, Rondell had a stock market crisis to deal with. Greg Peters acquired the shares from his cousin. Rondell was caught off guard by her abrupt action. At the same time, Stephanie and Evan discussed their unborn child. Their wedding reception went on indefinitely. In addition, Evan’s confidence in pursuing a political career diminished.
The more family feuding drama was planned for the second season. In the first season, many trusting connections were broken and many people were lied to. Amara and Titus’s relationship may have been addressed in season 2 of Ambitions. There also needs to be some clarification on several points. If Titus’s accident was not due to unforeseeable circumstances, why did he say that? Is Stephanie and Amara working on anything else? Such inquiries were likely to be considered.
Ambitions Season 2 Trailer
Due to the formal cancellation of Season 2, there will be no Season 2 teaser. If you haven’t seen the first season’s trailer yet, you can do so by clicking the link above.