How excited are you for Schitt’s Creek Season 7? The series began on the CBC network in Canada on January 13, 2015, and it was broadcast in the United States on the Pop TV network. The drama follows the Rose family as they leave behind their lavish lifestyle and move to a rural village to start a new chapter after falling into hard times financially.
Johnny and Moira Rose and their children Alexis and David try to settle into normal life by moving into a motel. Over the first two seasons, the sitcom was well-received by viewers. In contrast, the drama’s streaming viewership increased after Season 3 premiered on Netflix. Reviews praised the writing, acting, and general jollity of the film improved with time, and it eventually became one of Canada’s biggest successes. The drama has been honored with multiple awards beyond these, too, such as the ACTRA and Canadian Screen Awards.
At the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the show swept all seven comedy categories, earning itself a trophy bearing its title. After six seasons, the show has come to a satisfying conclusion. Let’s see what Season 7 of Schitt’s Creek has in store for us.
Schitt’s Creek Season 7 Renewal Status
Dan Levy, together with his father Eugene, originally planned for five seasons of Schitt’s Creek. The comedy was renewed for a fifth and sixth season after the fourth season premiered in 2018. Schitt’s Creek was canceled after season 6 because of a creative choice, not because of low ratings. The popularity of Schitt’s Creek has never been higher as the show comes to an end. The Levys decided it was appropriate to end the show. Season 7 of Schitt’s Creek isn’t currently planned, but that might change in the near future. The producers and actors are leaving the option open to return to the show at a later date.
Schitt’s Creek Season 7 Release Date
There are currently no plans to produce Schitt’s Creek Season 7. It’s very bad that Schitt’s Creek was over so soon for certain viewers. The sitcom originally aired for four seasons on the CBC in Canada and the obscure PopTV in the United States before being picked up by Netflix. As the fourth and fifth seasons aired on the networks as intended, the show began to build a following as more and more viewers discovered this hidden gem. The streaming service Netflix was instrumental in the show’s success.
The sitcom swept the comedy categories at the 2020 Emmy Awards in September 2020, making the cancellation of a seventh season all the more painful. After receiving so many accolades, the cast may have second thoughts about returning for a third season. Or a number 7!
Schitt’s Creek Season 6 Recap
The season 6 finale, titled “Happy Ending,” also served as the series finale. Rare is the season finale that feels like the proper ending to a beloved show, but this happened to be one of those rare occasions. The show managed to be funny, touching, and heartbreaking all at once.
David and Patrick’s wedding day was the day of the incident. Guests were treated to a number of comical moments in the run-up to the wedding, such as David’s unusual massage with a “happy ending” and Alexis’s spontaneous decision to wear a white dress. One of the most moving weddings ever seen on television followed by emotional goodbyes left viewers in tears. In sum, it was not just a fitting sendoff for the show’s most committed viewers, but also the best season finale.
Schitt’s Creek Cast and characters
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose, a former video store chain owner, is generally the most levelheaded of the Rose family
- Catherine O’Hara as Moira Rose, the eccentric former star of the soap opera Sunrise Bay
- Daniel Levy as David Rose, the pretentious son of Johnny and Moira
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose, the flighty socialite daughter of Johnny and Moira, who gets involved in a self-imposed love triangle with Ted and Mutt
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt, the mayor’s down-to-earth wife and local schoolteacher
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd, a sardonic clerk at the motel where the Roses reside, who becomes David’s best friend and brief friend-with-benefits
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt, Roland and Jocelyn’s provincial son and Alexis’s love interest
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt, the posturing, nosy, easily offended mayor
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens, the town’s veterinarian and Alexis’s love interest
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands, the ditzy yet troubled Café Tropical waitress and later owner
- John Hemphill as Bob Currie, proprietor of Bob’s Garage and a member of the town council
- Karen Robinson as Veronica “Ronnie” Lee, a member of the town council and a leading member of the Jazzagals who frequently butts head with Patrick
- Rizwan Manji as Ray Butani, the town’s only real estate agent and a former town council member, who has a variety of other businesses.
- Robin Duke as Wendy Kurtz, dress shop owner, and David’s former employer
- Steve Lund as Jake, a furniture maker and love interest for both David and Stevie
- Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer, David’s business partner and later husband
Schitt’s Creek Season 7 Plotline
If Schitt’s Creek were to be brought back at some point in the future, there would be plenty of plots to take up from where season 6 left off. Alexis may easily visit David and her new brother-in-law by taking a quick flight. If her parents decide to relocate to New York City when filming wraps on Moira’s Sunrise Bay revival, she’ll have the opportunity to be reunited with them. Perhaps David and Patrick will reconsider starting a family, and the arrival of a new baby (or bébé, as Moira would say) will necessitate a get-together in the backwater. It’s sad to see Schitt’s Creek depart, but we might not have seen the last of those quirky townies just yet.
Schitt’s Creek Season 6 Rating
If you’re curious about the series’ quality but have never watched it before, let me reassure you: it’s actually pretty decent! The show has a respectable 8.5/10 rating on IMDb and a 93% rating from critics on Roasted Tomatoes. This program has earned an automatic pass in my book. Check at what those around you have said about it if you’re still on the fence about going.
Is Schitt’s Creek based on a true story?
The events of “Schitt’s Creek” are not based on any true events. The writers of the series have come up with a wide variety of characters, adventures, and calamities. On the other hand, some actual occurrences served as fodder for the Canadian sitcom.
Dan Levy wanted to leave his father’s shadow and make his own name for himself, so he decided to start over. He hoped that if he did well, it wouldn’t be because of Eugene, so he set his sights on doing something on his own. The writer was in Los Angeles, doing what the artist was always intended to do: write.