The popularity of South Korean dramas seems to be growing by the day. Many South Korean dramas, especially those airing during the lockdown, set numerous ratings records. Some of the world’s millions of fans of Korean dramas are also passionate about the music produced by the country’s thriving music industry. In fact, the finest storyline in the majority of their films and TV shows is the same, leaving us to wonder what sets them apart. The way of life, the way the program is portrayed, the attire, the accessories, and especially the “male actors” are all big draws for the ladies, as far as I can tell.
This post presents yet another Korean drama for your viewing pleasure. This is a well-known show that premiered in 2020 on December 16 and ran for a total of 16 episodes. It was written by Lee Jae-Hoon and produced by JTBC Drama Headquarters. The plot of this very basic romantic comedy centers on the romance between two different couples. Is there any intention for a second season when the first one ends? Read on for the complete story, and put your worries to rest.
Run On Season 2 Renewal Status
There was just the right amount of romance and sports drama in the first episode. The protagonist, a former sprinter, is now attempting a career as a sports agent. The storyline captivated the audience, and they want more episodes. The producers of the show have not commented on whether or not they plan to renew it at this time. Kdramas typically have one season’s worth of content (16 episodes). There’s also some sort of production problem.
The series’ main characters are all busy with other things, and the network is also developing its own shows. In addition, the original run of this show finished on a satisfying note. As a result, the likelihood of a second season of Run On ever airing is slim at best. Due to the show’s widespread acclaim, however, there is a glimmer of hope that its creators will be able to come to an agreement.
Run On Season 2 Release Date
I know that you all can’t wait for the second season of Run On to be announced. However, the likelihood of the show returning for a second season is quite low. Even if the performers are working on other projects, it is very close to being canceled. Most K-dramas have three to four seasons, however, there appears to be a production problem with this show. So far, however, there has been no word from the producers about when we may expect to see Season 2 or that the show has been canceled. But word on the street is that Run On won’t be back for a second season.
Run On Storyline
Run On is a Korean drama series that combines elements of romance, drama, sports, and real life into a compelling narrative. Ki Seon-gyeom, our protagonist, has always wanted to work in the sports industry, and this novel follows his journey toward that goal. This is how he meets Oh Mi-Joo, a film translator with a serious passion for cinema. And the show chronicles their courtship, falling in love, and chemistry as a couple.
Dan-ah and Lee Yeong-Hwa are the show’s second leading couple, and they couldn’t be more different from one another: Dan-ah is a driven businesswoman with a cold heart, while Lee Yeong-Hwa is an upbeat optimist who acts like a child.
Run On Cast and characters
- Im Si-wan as Ki Seon-gyeom. Innocent but caring, Seon-gyeom was a national Track and Field athlete who always got second place.
- Shin Se-kyung as Oh Mi-joo. Oh Mi-joo works as a film translator who loves movies and thinks that every movie has a deep message if you watch it thoroughly.
- Choi Soo-young as Seo Dan-ah. Seo Dan-ah is the CEO of Dann Agency.
- Kang Tae-oh as Lee Yeong-hwa. Cheerful and childlike, Yeong-hwa is the only person who could crack open Dan-ah’s cold heart.
- Park Yeong-gyu as Ki Jung-do. A very ambitious man who used his family in his games to raise his presidential candidate ratings.
- Cha Hwa-yeon as Yook Ji-Woo. A very successful actress who is known as “The Queen of Cannes”.
- Ryu Sun-young as Ki Eun-bi. South Korea’s number one golfer and Ki Seon-gyeom’s older sister.
- Lee Hwang-eui as Seo Myung-pil. Dan-ah’s father and chairman of the Seomyung Group.
- Lee Shin-ki as Seo Myung-min. Dan-ah’s half-brother.
- Choi Jae-hyun as Seo Tae-woong. Dan-ah’s youngest half-brother.
- Lee Jung-ha as Kim Woo-shik. He is assaulted by Park Gyu-deok and Kim Gi-beom.
- Park Sung-joon as Kwon Young-il. Ki Seon-gyeom’s senior.
- Park Sang-won as Park Gyu-deok. Assaulted Kim Woo-shik.
- Na Ji-hoon as Kim Gi-beom. Assaulted Kim Woo-shik.
- Seo Jin-won as head track and field coach
- Lee Bong-ryun as Park Mae-yi. Oh Mi-joo’s roommate who acts like her older sister.
- Kim Dong-young as Go Ye-joon. Yeong-hwa’s best friend works at the cafe.
- Seo Eun-kyung as Dong Kyung. Works at DANN Agency. Ye-chan and Ye-joon’s mother.
- Yeon Je-wook as Jung Ji-hyun. Dan-ah’s assistant at DANN Agency and Tae-Woong’s former tutor.
- Bae Yoo-ram as Han Seok-won. Mi-joo’s ex-boyfriend. He is a film director.
- Seo Jeong-yeon as Coach Bang. Seon-gyeom’s former track coach.
- Kim Si-eun as Go Ye-chan. Ye-joon’s younger sister. She likes boxing and is tutored by Yeong-hwa.
Run On Season 2 Plot
There’s nothing we can tell about season 2’s plot at this time, but if the creators do decide to return, it will almost certainly be a continuation of season 1. Season 1 concluded the plot, but Season 2 can expand on the same premise. But guys, we need to patiently wait for the official data, as the makers have revealed nothing as of now, therefore it is not simple for us to conclude the full story for the upcoming episodes. Two years have passed since the premiere of the first season, and at this point, the likelihood of a follow-up is slim at best. If you like Korean dramas, I wouldn’t recommend waiting around for this one to finish before checking out some other shows with more interesting plots.
Run On Season 1 Rating
several viewers rely on ratings and reviews to determine which shows to watch, and there are several critically acclaimed Korean shows that viewers can’t seem to get enough of. Run On’s exceptional storyline and stellar acting have also won over a legion of devoted viewers. Also, this drama has received a lot of positive feedback from viewers, as evidenced by its high IMDb and MyDramalist ratings (7.5 and 8.3, respectively). Run On is now among the highest-rated Korean dramas ever thanks to these numbers.
Where to watch Run On Season 2?
Although the streaming service for Season 2 of the show has not yet been determined, anyone in the world can watch Run On on Netflix.
Is Run On worth watching?
There are a lot of great Korean shows, and the newest one, Run On, is no exception. All of the cast members do a great job portraying their characters, and the chemistry between the show’s second lead duo is much better than that of the first. There are many other great things about the Run On series.