‘Love Alarm’ is the first Korean series to be picked up by Netflix, in case you were unaware. Based on the popular Daum webtoon by the same name, this South Korean romantic drama was created by Chon Kye-young. It takes place in a world where a widely used smartphone app may reveal whether or not a user has a love interest in someone within a ten-meter radius. Kim Jo-jo is a high school student who becomes sucked into that world while simultaneously battling her own demons.
The show, created by Jiyoung Park, debuted on Netflix on August 22, 2019. Upon its debut, it quickly rose to prominence as one of the year’s most anticipated releases on the streaming giant, and it also quickly became one of South Korea’s ten most-beloved television programs. After two seasons, fans still tune in to see what happens next, and the show has been praised for its timely social commentary on the pervasiveness of social media. Naturally, viewers would be curious about when they may expect to see Season 3. Let’s dive in and investigate this for ourselves, shall we?
Love Alarm Season 3 Renewal Status
Currently, there are no plans to bring “Love Alarm” back for a third season. The conclusion of the second season of the kdrama was satisfactory, but there is still room for a third season to be produced. The accompanying webcomic is still being updated to this day. Netflix still has access to the original content if they choose to continue the show.
Still, it’s probably reasonable to argue that it’s a bit too soon to declare a renewal. In March, Netflix debuted the show’s second season. Some international programs waited as long as 8 months to be renewed. So, the odds are currently equal.
Love Alarm Season Cast
- Kim So-hyun as Kim Jo-jo, a beautiful and hardworking high school student who is bright and cheerful despite her family’s painful history.
- Jung Ga-ram as Lee Hye-yeong, a hardworking high school student who also likes Jo-jo and is the childhood friend of Sun-Oh.
- Song Kang as Hwang Sun-oh, a handsome model and high school student who grew up as an only child in a rich, but uncaring family with lots of problems.
- Go Min-si as Park Gul-mi, Jo-jo’s selfish, egotistic cousin. She is a popular girl at school who likes Sun-oh but is asked out by Cheon Duk-gu, developing hatred for him.
- Lee Jae-eung as Cheon Duk-gu, developer of the Love Alarm application.
- Song Seon-mi as Jeong Mi-mi, a popular actress who has a distant relationship with her son Sun-oh.
- Shim Yi-young as Bae Kyung-hee, Hye-yeong’s loving and caring mother.
- Kim Young-pil as Hwang Jae-cheol
- Park Sung-yeon as Jojo’s aunt and Gul-mi’s mother.
- Yoon Na-moo as Kim Min-jae
- Shin Seung-ho as Jang Il-sik, a vibrant judo student and Jo-jo’s ex-boyfriend.
- Ji Hye-ra as Kim Jang-go, Jo-jo’s best friend. She secretly likes Il-sik. She and Jo-jo eventually drift apart.
- Kim Ye-ji as Sung Ji-yeon
- Kim Young-ok as Jo-jo’s grandmother.
- Choi Joo-won as Choi Joo-won, Sun-oh’s playful and energetic high school classmate.
- Yeom Ji-young as Jo-jo’s mother.
- Song Geon-hee as Marx, a popular idol star.
- Kim Si-eun as Lee Yuk-jo, Sun-Oh’s new girlfriend.
- Jo Yoo-jung as Mon Sun, Jo-jo’s wedding hall co-worker.
- Bae Da-bin as Lee Wei-ju, Jo-jo’s best friend
- Yoo In-soo as Student
- Ham Sung-min as a Bullied student
- Bigman as OST Singer
- Ki Do-hoon as Brian Cheon, developer of Love Alarm
- Yoon Dong-hwan as Lee Gang-rae, Hye-yeong’s father who was serving life imprisonment for murder and is currently pending a review for parole.
Love Alarm Season 3 Expected Plot
At the end of Love Alarm Season 2, the central couple’s relationship had grown into something more meaningful. Love Alarm 2.0 is the new version of the popular app. Users may see who the app thinks they’ll fall in love with, how their feelings for each other might develop, and how their relationship might progress. It’s tough to look forward to a new season of Love Alarm when the last one left off so well.
Many people feel there is nowhere new to go in the world. With Jojo and Hye Young finally settled in their relationship, Love Alarm Season 2 closes on a strong note. Lee Yuk-jo (Kim Si-eun) was revealed to be Sun-oh’s new girlfriend.
The undiscovered narrative of Park Gul-mi (played by Go Min-si) and Cheong Duk-gu (Lee Jae-eung) is the sole remaining cliffhanger. In Season 3 of Love Alarm, we should see the issue fixed. WhatsOn Netflix also mentioned that despite Hye Young setting off Jojo’s love alarm, she is unsure that she would have done so without the shield’s help. Despite this undeniable love, the couple may have strain due to Jojo’s fears associated with the shield. Love Alarm Season 3 may center on this subplot.
Love Alarm Season 3 Release Date
The second season of “Love Alarm” premiered on Netflix on March 12, 2021. Each of the six episodes of Season 2 is between 43 and 71 minutes long. What we do know about Season 3 is as follows: There have been no public announcements on the renewal or termination of a third payment at this time. The first season leaves several questions unanswered, but the second season wraps everything up well.
Given the show’s status as one of South Korea’s most popular, it’s not surprising that viewers may want to see it return for a second season. ‘Love Alarm’ season two viewers who were unhappy with the conclusion took to social media to voice their complaints. If Netflix receives a large enough influx of positive feedback, they may purchase a second season. Season 3 of “Love Alarm” would premiere in 2023 or later if the show were to be recommissioned by Netflix by the end of the summer of 2022.
Love Alarm Season 3 Trailer
The renewal of the K-drama series has not yet been announced. The official season 3 trailer has not yet been released as a result. In the meantime, please enjoy this trailer for Season 2.
Where can I watch Love Alarm?
Despite the widespread positive reception, season 3 of Love Alarm has not been ordered. If it does, as a Netflix original, you can watch it on their service. Love Alarm seasons 1 and 2 are also available to watch right now on Netflix.