Health Benefits of Lemon Juice
Lemons are yellow, sour, and acidic fruit that belongs to the family of Rutaceae. They offer many health benefits due to their high nutritional value. Lemons consist of a good amount of potassium (more than bananas), antioxidants, vitamins like vitamin A, C, and B complex. It is also rich in magnesium which is useful for healthy bones.
1. Cures respiratory disorders: Lemons are considered very effective in curing cough, cold, and flu since ancient times. It acts as an expectorant when mixed with warm water and offers relief from the problem of breathing. You can also add honey to make it more effective against respiratory problems.
2. Reduces fever: Lemons are very effective in reducing fever since ancient times. It is also used to provide relief from heatstroke, dehydration, and exhaustion.
3. Treats indigestion problems: Lemon juice is considered very effective in treating indigestion or sour stomach caused due to consumption of fatty food items like pizza, burgers, etc. It acts as a detoxifier and offers relief from digestion-related problems.
4. Natural Scrub: Lemons are natural scrub that helps in maintaining the good health of the skin. They provide glow to the skin by eliminating dead cells and offering refreshment to the skin when rubbed with lemon juice on the face. The vitamin C present in lemons enhances the radiance of the face and also helps in preventing wrinkles.
5. Cures fungal infections: Lemons are very effective in curing various types of fungal infections when applied topically over the affected areas. They can be used to cure toenail fungus, ringworm, etc by applying a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil.
6. Cures conjunctivitis: Lemons can be used to cure conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes) when applied topically over the affected areas with cotton balls. It also helps in fighting eye fatigue and irritation caused due to dust or strain.
7. Treats acne: Lemons are very effective in treating acne when applied on the face topically. It provides glow to the skin by eliminating dead cells and tightening pores. It also helps in preventing blemishes on the skin.
8. Neutralizes body odor: Lemons are efficient in neutralizing body odor when used for bathing purposes since ancient times. They can be added with rose water to make it more effective against body odor.
9. Controls hair fall: Lemons are very useful in controlling hair fall when used as a natural conditioner. It helps in thickening the hair by adding volume and also makes them soft, shiny, and smooth.
10. Acts as a mouth freshener: Lemons can be used to provide relief from bad breath. It prevents the growth of bacteria in the mouth and offers freshness to the mouth when used as a mouth freshener after meals.
lemon juice benefits for skin:
The best way to stay healthy is by eating right, exercising regularly, and enjoying a good night’s rest. Still, it doesn’t hurt to take some extra steps in order to keep your body in top shape.
A common practice among beauty aficionados are facial treatments ingredients, but in order to make them cheap and effective, one should focus on natural. And since the best thing about nature is its variety, we’ve prepared a list of items you can use for your homemade facial treatments.
Lemon or lime juice is one of the oldest and most natural skin toners out there. It not only helps remove excess dirt but it provides your skin with ample vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant. If you don’t like applying lemon juice directly on your face, mix it with water.
Benefits of rubbing lemon on your feet:
Another powerful ingredient that you probably have at home right now is honey. It contains exfoliating, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that help you achieve clean and radiant skin just in a matter of minutes – mix some water with honey and apply it to your face for 10 minutes.
Benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning:
Turmeric powder isn’t just popular when it comes to curries – it’s a powerful ingredient for your skin as well. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties so it can help you fade scars and sun spots, soften wrinkles and even out your complexion – mix some lemon juice with turmeric powder to form a paste and apply it to your face for 20 minutes.
Benefits of eating lemon peel every day:
If you want glowing skin that would make people think you’ve just stepped out of the spa, you should try aloe vera. It has cooling properties that can soothe sunburns and it moisturizes the skin so it doesn’t tighten after application – mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it to your face for 20 minutes.
Boiling lemons for weight loss:
Aside from providing your skin with a good amount of vitamin C, oranges also have antibacterial properties – apply the juice to your face for 5 minutes to achieve a perfect skin complexion.
Benefits of smelling lemons every day:
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that moisturize your skin without leaving any residues on it. It smells nice too – mix one tablespoon of olive oil with half a teaspoon of honey and apply it to your face for 15 minutes.
Benefits of eating a lemon baked potato:
Apples are packed with antioxidants, which ensures that your skin doesn’t age prematurely – mix one teaspoon of raw honey with two teaspoons of apple juice and apply it to your face for 15 minutes.
Benefits of massaging with lemon oil:
Tomatoes have a chemical called lycopene, which prevents skin cancer and removes dead skin cells – mix one tablespoon of milk cream with half a teaspoon of tomato juice and apply it to your face for 20 minutes.