Benefits of Kombucha
1. Kombucha is a great source of probiotics. There are billions of probiotics in every cup, which are basically living microorganisms that have beneficial effects on health. To learn more about the benefits of probiotics.
2. Contains antioxidants. Antioxidants are basically molecules that protect us against the effects of free radicals, which are harmful compounds caused by pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc. Drinking Kombucha can help to neutralize these harmful effects.
3. Contains vitamin B12. This is a non-vegetarian source of vitamin B12, an essential vitamin. If you are a vegetarian, don’t worry; there are other sources of B12 available for you like meat, eggs, etc.
4. Good source of enzymes. Enzymes play an important role in almost all the biological processes inside our bodies.
5. Aids weight loss. I read this article which says that it contains components that improve metabolism and provide a feeling of fullness, hence suppressing appetite.
6. Contains amino acids. Amino acids help build proteins in the body, which are essential for healthy muscles.
7. It is a great detox drink. This article here tells us that Kombucha has been used by several cultures as a detoxifying agent.
8. Great for the immune system. As it contains antioxidants and probiotics, it helps to strengthen our immune system against diseases. It can be especially useful against flu and cold during the winter season.
9. Contains polyphenols like EGCG, which is an anti-carcinogenic compound that can fight cancer cells.
10. It has anti-aging properties, as it contains a high amount of antioxidants. Here’s more about the effects of anti-oxidants on the skin, hair, and nails.
11. Great for your eyesight because it contains chlorogenic acid which is known to prevent cataracts and improve night vision.
12. It is believed that Kombucha can aid in digestion and get rid of toxins from your body.
13. Contains glucosamine, which helps to keep joint pains at bay, hence preventing arthritis.
14. Contains enzymes called Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Glucaric Acid, and Benzaldehyde which are very good for your heart.
15. It has anti-fungal properties, which are helpful in treating Athlete’ Foot.
16. Studies have shown that drinking Kombucha can reduce the risk of cancerous tumor growth in rats by up to 70%. Read more here.
17. Contains vitamins B1, B2 & B6, which are essential for the healthy functioning of our nervous system.
18. It is very beneficial to diabetics. A study has shown that Kombucha helped reduce the levels of blood glucose, triglycerides & cholesterol in patients suffering from diabetes.
19. Contains caffeine, hence it can be a great energy booster.
20. It is great for your skin and hair! This article here tells us how Kombucha can boost the health of your skin and hair.
21. There have been reports that Kombucha can help with Acne.
22. It contains tannins, which act as anti-microbial agents. This means that it prevents the growth of micro-organisms like bacteria, fungi & viruses by destroying them.
23. It also contains glucuronic acid, which is very beneficial for your liver.
How to drink kombucha for weight loss: What is Kombucha Tea?
Kombucha tea is a natural beverage that has been consumed for centuries and provides many health benefits. Unlike other popular fermented foods, such as yogurt and kefir, kombucha is made using a “symbiotic ‘colony’ of bacteria and yeast” (SCOBY) which looks like a wide, flat pancake.
The SCOBY is actually a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast that looks like a giant, jellyfish-shaped blob. This weird brew is then combined with sugar and tea to create the final “mushroom.” Kombucha mushrooms are full of vitamin B12, probiotics, enzymes, and various beneficial acids.
The kombucha fermentation process can take anywhere from a few days to over a month, depending on the type of tea used and the temperature of your home. After that, you have yourself a tasty drink with lots of healthy bacteria!
Kombucha for Weight Loss: How Kombucha Can Help You Lose Weight
Now that you know what kombucha is, let’s take a look at how it can help you lose weight. There are several ways in which this helpful beverage can contribute to your weight loss goals:
1. Boosts Metabolism and Digestion:
Kombucha contains ingredients like glucosamine, amino acids, enzymes, probiotics, and B vitamins. All of these ingredients play a vital role in numerous metabolic processes throughout the body.
Many drinkers report feeling full for hours after consuming kombucha, which is likely due to its high probiotic content. Healthy bacteria can help balance your digestive system, boosting digestion and nutrient absorption.
2. Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar Levels:
Many people who are trying to lose weight have impaired insulin sensitivity. This means that their bodies are more sensitive to the effects of insulin, which carries excess glucose or sugar from your bloodstream into your cells.
When you have high blood sugar levels, your body must secrete extra insulin in order to make sure your cells absorb and utilize the glucose. This can lead to high insulin levels, which contribute to weight gain and other health problems.
Kombucha contains various ingredients that work together to maintain healthy blood sugar levels while preventing the energy “bump” caused by caffeine. This means you won’t experience highs and lows in your moods or energy throughout the day, which is great for weight loss.
3. Enhances Digestion and Detoxification:
Kombucha is full of acids, including gluconic acid, acetic acid, tartaric acid, citric acid, lactic acid, malic acid, and pyruvic acids. These organic acids help keep your blood pH level balanced throughout the day, which can reduce water retention and prevent cravings.
Many of the acids in kombucha also stimulate liver detoxification, which is crucial for healthy weight loss. When your liver isn’t working correctly to detoxify harmful substances in your body, you will have a harder time losing weight.
4. Improves Your Mood:
Gluconic acid is one of the primary acids in kombucha tea. It reduces “bad” cholesterol while moisturizing your skin and promoting brain function.
Many people who drink kombucha report feeling more alert, full of energy, and even happy after drinking this fermented beverage. This could be because gluconic acid has been proven to increase GABA (a neurotransmitter in your brain) while decreasing glutamate (which can cause anxiety).
Kombucha for Weight Loss: How to Use Kombucha to Lose Weight
Now that you know how kombucha tea can help you lose weight, the next question is this: how do I use kombucha to lose weight?
Start by choosing a high-quality kombucha brand. Many commercial brands add sugar and fruit juices to their products in order to make them more flavorful. This means you’re getting a beverage with fewer natural probiotics, enzymes, and organic acids.
Kombucha should never taste sour or tangy– it should be slightly sweet but still tart. The best way to use kombucha for weight loss is to drink it as a healthy substitute for soda or other sugary drinks.
Mix plain kombucha with some seltzer water and a squeeze of lime if you want something more bubbly, or drink it as-is if you want a smoothie-like beverage. The best thing about kombucha is that it contains virtually no sugar and very few calories, so it won’t affect your weight loss efforts.
Kombucha Tea: A Super Healthy Drink for Weight Loss!
When combined with a healthy diet and workout routine, kombucha can be an extremely effective tool for losing weight. Here are some quick and easy weight loss recipes that you can try:
Kombucha Benefits Skin:
1) Kombucha For Acne:
kombucha for acne effectively treats the skin problems like pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and other acne-related problems. It also helps to tighten the skin pores.
2) Kombucha For Wrinkles:
Kombucha for wrinkles is beneficial as it has anti-aging properties which help in maintaining a youthful look by preventing fine lines and wrinkles from surfacing on the face.
3) Kombucha For Dark Circles:
Kombucha for dark circles helps in treating the purple-colored dark circles present under the eyes. It also reduces puffiness and bags around the eyes by tightening the skin tissues.
4) Kombucha For Eczema:
Some of us suffer from dry skin, which often results in itching and the formation of rashes. Kombucha helps to regain the lost moisture and promotes healthy skin by moisturizing it.
5) Kombucha For Fades Scars:
Kombucha for scars is also helpful in lightening the dark spots caused by acne, chickenpox marks, or other such reasons. It nourishes the skin and brings back its glow and radiance.
6) Kombucha For Stretch Marks:
Kombucha for stretch marks is beneficial as it has anti-inflammatory properties which help in treating the red stretch marks caused due to sudden weight loss or pregnancy. It also moisturizes the skin and reduces itching.
7) Kombucha For Dry Skin:
Another benefit of kombucha is that it helps to attain smooth, soft, and moisturized skin. It penetrates deep into the skin tissues to nourish them.
8) Kombucha For Sunburns:
Kombucha for sunburns is beneficial as it has natural cooling properties which reduce the temperature of the skin that has been affected by sunburn. It also soothes the skin and gives a cooling effect.
9) Kombucha For Sagging Skin:
Kombucha for sagging skin is beneficial as it has anti-aging properties which help in tightening the skin tissues and giving a lifted look to the face by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
10) Kombucha For Hair Loss:
Kombucha for hair loss helps in treating the thinning of hairs that are caused due to several reasons like stress, hormonal imbalance, heredity, an unhealthy lifestyle, etc. It also promotes healthy hair growth by providing nourishment to the roots of the scalp.