The sitcom ‘Alexa & Katie’ centers on the friendship between the show’s namesake characters, Alexa and Katie. The news that Alexa has cancer completely upends her life, but the pity she receives from others is even worse. Katie is the only person who has stuck by her through thick and thin. Heather Wordham is responsible for the creation of the show, which premiered on March 23, 2018.
It has been very well received by both audiences and critics over its four seasons. The comedy series was nominated for a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Children’s Program and won the Television Academy Honors for 2019. The future of the show has left fans worried. Hmm, I wonder…
Alexa And Katie Season 5 Renewal Status
The series has been nominated for several Emmys and has gained widespread critical acclaim for its handling of a controversial subject. The fifth season of Alexa & Katie will be their last. Netflix, however, bought the final season in February of this year. The last season, however, aired for a full 16 episodes longer than usual.
Katie And Alexa Part One of Season 3 consists of eight episodes and will premiere on December 30, 2019. The second half, however, included the remaining eight episodes, all of which will be available on Netflix beginning on June 13, 2020. Trauma in high school was the focus of the first two seasons. However, the senior year was the primary focus of the culminating activity. The last season, however, was divided in two, with the second half counting as the fourth season.
Alexa & Katie Season 5 Release Date
Alexa & Katie premiered on Netflix on March 23, 2018, and the show’s success led to the order of a second and third season at the same time. Part two of the third season of Alexa & Katie, consisting of eight episodes, premiered on June 13, 2020. The series has achieved success on Netflix, with a 7.5/10 rating on IMDb, 100% on the Rotten Tomatoes website, and 4.9 reviews from the audience.
All of Alexa & Katie’s viewers were left hanging at the end of Season 4, and they are now eagerly awaiting news of the premiere date for Season 5. Season 5 of Alexa & Katie has not been renewed yet, so there is no word on when it will premiere. However, the creators have put fans’ minds at ease by confirming that season 3 episode 2 will be the last. Despite the positive reception, the show is expected to be picked up for a second season. Season 5 of Alexa & Katie could premiere in 2024 if the producers decide to order it.
Alexa & Katie Storyline
Like any other pair of teenagers, Alexa and Katie intended to have a fantastic first year of high school. Katie was there for Alexa no matter what, even though she was waiting for the all-clear from her oncologist before returning to high school. She went through chemotherapy with her. Alexa was embarrassed that she was losing her hair and didn’t want to be the talk of the school. Katie saw the situation and decided to help out by shaving her head as well.
The two girls started their first year of college wearing expensive and tacky wigs. When Katie’s wig came off at the basketball audition, everyone panicked that she had cancer. However, Alexa ultimately confessed that she was the one afflicted by the disease. Gwenny, her rival, was extra polite to her as a result, and this infuriated our heroine. There was a flu epidemic at their winter formals, and it almost got canceled. Alexa was finally able to go to the winter formal with Dylan after she suggested they all wear masks.
The show is filled with similar adventures. Examples: Katie’s first day at work at the coffee shop, her sixteenth birthday party, etc. What an incredible four years it was for them, from Freshman to Senior. Spectators flocked to this event in droves. The conclusion came as a surprise, therefore it ended somewhat suddenly. In the third season, Alexa did successfully battle cancer, but that didn’t stop viewers from enjoying the show. It was shocking and sad to see two greatest friends from childhood go their separate ways in higher education. We can only keep our fingers crossed that the show’s producers will see the light and bring it back for more seasons.
Alexa & Katie Cast and characters
- Paris Berelc as Alexa, an ambitious basketball player battling cancer.
- Isabel May as Katie, Alexa’s best friend. Portrayed as quirky and awkward.
- Jolie Jenkins as Jennifer, Katie’s divorced, single mother studying to finish college while working.
- Emery Kelly as Lucas, Alexa’s older brother. Often portrayed as dimwitted and conceited.
- Eddie Shin as Dave, Alexa and Lucas’ father, Lori’s husband, and an airline pilot.
- Finn Carr as Jack, Jennifer’s son and Katie’s younger brother with an avid love for candy and video games.
- Tiffani Thiessen as Lori, Alexa and Lucas’ mother, Dave’s wife, and the matriarch of the Mendoza family.
- Jack Griffo as Dylan, Lucas’ highly intelligent best friend.
- Kerri Medders as Gwenny, Alexa’s self-absorbed and manipulative rival on the girls’ basketball team.
- Iman Benson as Reagan, a friend of Alexa and Katie. She is more sensible than Hannah.
- Nathaniel J. Potvin as Ryan, an awkward friend of Katie who worked with her in the school play.
- Nadja Alaya as Megan, a friend of Alexa who also has cancer.
- Alyssa Jirrels as Vanessa, a student who worked in the school play.
- Ricky Garcia as Cameron, a dimwitted friend of Lucas and a member of his band. He often follows Lucas around, mirroring his style.
- Scott Wordham as Barry, the manager at Wired, a local coffee shop in Wellard. He is often pessimistic and negative but allows Katie to work as a barista.
- Jordan Austin Smith as Cody, a new student whose locker is between Alexa and Katie’s.
- Constance Marie as Dr. Corts, Alexa’s therapist. Katie is also treated by her for anxiety.
- Gunner Burkhardt as Spencer, a boy Alexa meets at the hospital who has cancer.
- Barrett Carnahan as Aiden, a stress-free guy that works at Putt Putt Golf and acts as an annoyance for Katie.
- Brady Smith as Joe, a handyman that starts to date, Jennifer.
Alexa & Katie Season Rating
Fans and journalists alike praised Alexa and Katie upon its original airing. The average user rating for Alexa & Katie is 7.4 on IMDB. Despite criticism from realists, this show is entertaining nonetheless. This series effectively conveyed the struggles and anguish endured by cancer patients. The amount of good vibes emanating from this show is astounding. It has an astounding 100% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Alexa and Katie have an 87% approval rating from their viewers. They say it’s a realistic drama about teenagers that anybody can relate to.
Where can I watch Alexa and Katie?
Netflix is Alex and Katie’s preferred streaming service. Since the fifth season of Alexa & Katie was not renewed, there is currently no plan in place for where the episodes will be made available online. Alexa and Katie, seasons 1-4, all 39 episodes: available only on Netflix.