The Back Pain Relief Method
I’m pretty sure that most of you guys reading this article will be familiar with the all-famous ‘Frog Pose.’ It is an asana which is also known as Mandukasana in Sanskrit. Satyananda Saraswati first introduced this asana, and it is an excellent back pain relief method. It gives immense relief from lower back pain; do a few minutes daily to enjoy its benefits.
How does this practice work?
This asana gets its name from a frog’s way of stretching; the frog stretches its entire body, including toes, thighs, arms, etc., then finally the head. From a human perspective, one should start from their feet, knees, hands, and eventually, the director.
The entire practice encompasses un-arching the back, which our body is not used to doing on a day-to-day basis. So by doing this asana once daily for around 5 minutes or so, you can relieve your lower back pain and avoid any chances of getting one in the future.
To know more about its benefits:
Now let us look at some of the best benefits that this asana offers:
1) The first benefit is that it helps sharpen your focus and concentration. As your attention will be solely focused on whatever you’re doing, from there only shall arise a sharp memory and concentration power. This happens because you focus on a single thing, i.e., this asana.
2) The second benefit is that it improves your digestive system. The back muscles support the stomach, so you should have a proper blood flow to the digestive organs, which will keep these organs healthy and boost their functions. This also means that there won’t be any chances of constipation or other digestion-related problems.
3) It helps strengthen your lower back which eventually helps your posture improve slowly but steadily. Many people suffer from either hunchback or slouching issues due to a weak backbone, often leading to depression or lack of self-confidence by the way they look.
However, this asana works towards strengthening one’s spinal cord, thus making sure that their posture isn’t defective anymore. Adding to that, it also helps reduce the chances of any lower back pain.
4) This asana is excellent for weight loss and fighting obesity. All you need to do is practice this asana daily, one round in the morning will be enough, and by just doing a small amount, you can quickly shed a couple of pounds from your body within a few weeks without even going an inch near a gym. However, you have to keep in mind that this isn’t a substitute for healthy eating habits or regular workouts, which are crucial if you’re trying to lose weight quickly.
5) It is one of the most effective stress busters out there. If appropriately done daily, it can help eliminate all sorts of stress from your life, providing you with a sense of calm and inner peace.
So, these were some of the fantastic benefits that this asana has to offer; however, like every other thing out there, it also has its own set of pros and cons.
what is the fastest way to relieve back pain:
this is one of the most frequently asked questions on search engines. As back pain is a widespread problem again, many myths about it need to be clarified by experts. We have some information which might come in handy for some people, hopefully!
Back pain can be relieved quickly with the following methods:
1) try changing your standing posture- stand straight with shoulder back and head up, feet at hip-width distance, and knees slightly bent.
2) if possible, try sleeping on the side of the affected area instead of on your stomach or back(it helps me mainly, so I recommend it to everyone who has backache).
3) nowadays, you can buy pillows specially designed for back pain relief(i got one, and it works great).
4) use a hot water bottle or heating pad on the painful area for about fifteen minutes( this is my favorite method, it helps to soothe the pain and makes me feel better)
5) gentle stretches and yoga can also help to reduce the pain.
Ayurvedic home remedies for back pain:
1) an excellent ayurvedic medicine for back pain is Triphala, drink one teaspoon of Triphala powder mixed with three teaspoons of water; you can also have it with honey.
2) another home remedy that is very simple and effective for back pain relief is heat therapy. For this, soak a towel in hot water and wring it out to remove excess water, apply the hot towel on your spine(lower part-middle part), then cover yourself with a blanket or heavy clothing to trap the heat.
3) if you have arthritis simultaneously, then I suggest applying castor oil on the joints of your affected area after warming it up a little bit(by putting the bottle under your arm for a few minutes).
4) consume ginger regularly. It is a beautiful herb for many health problems and helps relieve pain.
5) massaging the affected area with camphor oil or lavender oil can also relieve backache.
6) drink plenty of water as dehydration can worsen the back pain symptoms.
7) finally, do some relaxation exercises like yoga or deep breathing, which will help to calm your mind and body.
Back pain relief exercises:
1) pelvic tilt- lay on your back with arms by your side and feet flat on the floor, contract your abdominal muscles and then relax them. Keep repeating this exercise 10 times.
2) cat-cow stretch- start in a tabletop position and slowly lower to all fours with your hands under shoulders and knees under hips, engage abs to lift head, hips up towards the ceiling as you look down between legs, release to round spine downwards as you tuck tailbone underneath. Repeat three times for ten reps each time.
3) stretch-lie down on one side resting arm at 90-degree angle overhead(if possible), bend bottom knee keeping the top leg straight without letting foot touch the ground; pull bent leg across body pushing out hip out to the side, hold for ten breaths. Repeat three times on each side.
4) alternate arm-leg raise-lie down on stomach with arms extended by sides and palms flat on the ground, lift right arm pointing toward the ceiling then left leg up bent at 90 degrees; inhale as you lower both then exhale as you bring them back to starting position; repeat five times( do it slowly so that your muscles feel the stretch).
5) lunges-start standing with feet together or hip-width distance apart, step forward with left foot past right heel towards the floor until knees are 90 degrees, engage abs, and hips should stay centered throughout the movement. To complete reps, push off the back leg to return to the standing position while engaging hip and glutes to lift the body back up. Repeat five times on each side.
6) cat stretch-start on all fours with hands under shoulders, round spine towards the ceiling as you tuck the chin in so that your face is looking at knees; press hips down toward the floor, hold for five breaths.
7) quadriceps stretch-stand facing the wall with feet hip-width apart, place left hand on the wall for balance, cross right foot behind left ankle nudge knee out until a stretch is felt in lower thigh/quads(keep arms straight); hold for 10 seconds. Repeat three times for each leg.
8) standing forward fold- start by standing tall with feet together or hip-width distance apart, then tilt torso forward, folding at the waist, keep hands dangling down, and try to touch your toes; hold for 10 seconds. Repeat three times.
9) hamstring stretch-stand tall with one foot in front of the other, hinge forward at hips keeping back flat until you feel a stretch in the hamstring of the back leg; hold for 10 seconds. Repeat three times on each side.
10) bridge-lie flat on your back with feet flat on floor and shoulder-width apart, legs bent to 90 degrees, arms by sides. Drive heels into the ground, and lift your torso and upper legs into the air, extending your hips until your thighs and torso are in line with each other your feet should still be flat on the floor; hold for five breaths.